A Mod in a mere 24 hours?
June 21st - 22nd 2006. One man, one day, one mod - surely it's impossible.
Well that's what 'speed-modding' is all about, and
this is a fine example of a polished, well crafted mod constructed in the small
hours of a coffee-fuelled programming binge.
Imperials! Brings you a singleplayer and
multiplayer mod that not only affects every mission in a significant way, but
also includes graphical tweaks and Ai enhancements. But then, you don't need to
read this to find out - try it for yourself.
Imperial based mission briefs and enemies.
- Many new NPCs, including heavy rifle toting
Stormtroopers, lightsaber wielding psychopaths and esoterically armed Jedi.
- Six new lightsabers to build and combat your
- Two new combat styles to engage the enemy
with and fight against.
- Fantastic 'reinvigorated' and memorable
boss-battles, and new mini-bosses.
- Body-hacking enabled for all characters,
including limb-loss and decapitation.
- Graphical tweaks to lightsabers - no more
pansy faded colours!
- Multiplayer: Twelve different lightsabers to
be carried in different combinations, each conferring different advantages and
Comments - During and After production
I got plenty of support for this, so I thought I'd share some of the great
reception with everyone. <3 to all of my supporters, you make me jizz.
- "A big congrats mate! I salute you."
- "I love the dual double bladed lightsabers"
- "Congradulations man, great work!"
- "Nice work 'shee, youre a machine."
- "Oh well, anything for this. Now, ambershee,
you deserve that sleep you've been having. I am impressed."
- "A SERIOUS Well done to Ambershee."
- "ambershee you know that i am going to
kidnap you, put you in my basement and continuously feed coffee and chips down
a pipe to you, while making you mod for me?
That is some awesome piece of work you did."
- "Its good for only a day of work. My only
complaint is the installer, you should be able to install it as a seperate
mod." (Ambershee Note: Fixed that for the release!)
- "Four words: You are a freak. But I love ya
- "Amazing work, man. I feel like spamming you
on MSN with messages of love, but something tells me you wouldn't like it so
- "You, my friend, are a tank. I applaud your
- "You never cease to amaze me. Keep going
dude.... less then 6 hours left until the caffeine and noodle carbohydrates
start to exit your metabolic cycles."
- "No Doze is your friend. Those little
capsules of red-eyes awakedness are your only hope. My heart goes with you."
- "ITS ALL IN THE NAME OF MODDING!"
- "GO, GO AMBERSHEE, GO, GO!!!!!! Good luck
with it mate, keep at it, don't let your attention waver. Keep on downing the
- "I will install JK: A just to play this, woo
- "Go ambershee go! Have my babies!! WOOT!"
- "Wow, heroic modding at it's finest. How
long are you planning to sleep after you finally finish your epic bodging
- "Good luck. May the lol be with you."
- "Holyshoot. Awesome."